SIM2 NERO Series
In the NERO, SIM2’s renowned product development team has created a projector line with the color accuracy and image clarity normally only associated with larger and more costly projectors, which is quite an achievement. That such a compact chassis can generate the image quality of these larger projectors is very impressive; that it also outperforms many of them, in terms of color rendition and contrast ratio, is quite exceptional. NERO has the perfect balance of power, precision and innovation.
SIM2 has taken the same high quality optics and electronics from our renowned 3-Chip LUMIS 3D-S line to create a state-of –the-art the single-chip DLP projector series. Partnering the latest DLP® chipset with SIM2’s new ALPHAPATH™ light engine - with its precision glass optics - produces images with excellent clarity and realism.
The NERO line has a powerful 280W lamp, which delivers up to 3000 ANSI lumens on-screen and a contrast ratio of up to 30,000:1.
The all-new NERO line is designed for use in Reference Home Theaters, Media Rooms and Family/Games Rooms – in both 2D and 3D*.
SIM2’s engineers have designed four models that offer four different levels of performance and feature sets that include (depending on model): 3D*, high brightness, high contrast and 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Your SIM2 dealer will help you choose the model that best suits your lifestyle.
The NERO line has been endowed with three user modes, each optimized for the varying demands of sports and 3D viewing: PureMovie, PureMotion and PureMotion 3D (120 Hz).
SIM2’s NERO projectors utilize SIM2 active 3D technology, with advanced processing electronics to ensure that your 3D viewing is free from the flickering, ghosting and motion ‘shudder’ suffered by most 3D displays to bring the real cinema 3D experience into your home.
Today’s home entertainment systems demand that a projector be capable of producing high quality images from any and all video devices and in a variety of room lighting levels. Sharing many of the technical attributes of the LUMIS 3D-S 3-chip series, NERO is a projector line that offers consumers a choice of models that will enhance their viewing pleasure from all video sources and in real-world lighting conditions.
For ease of installation, a choice of three high quality glass lenses (T1, T2 & T3) is available for the NERO line, giving the projectors a total throw ratio of 1.37-3.9:1. To aid calibration SIM2’s Live Colors Calibration 2.0 software allows complete control over primary, secondary and white point color coordinates in both 2D and 3D, enabling calibration experts to accurately calibrate the final image on-screen via a user-friendly PC-based interface.
Taking styling cues from the LUMIS series, the NERO line sports an elegant Giorgio Revoldini designed cabinet in a contemporary soft-touch black finish.
Groundbreaking technology in a compact form factor, room-friendly and desirable, the NERO series has it all.
The sleek black cabinet exudes quality, whilst the technology within exceeds expectation. Its compact size and curvaceous good looks make NERO 3D-2 very room-friendly. Bright, colorful images with a level of clarity to rival the best movie theaters are all made possible thanks to SIM2’s patented optical light engine and advanced processing electronics.
The NERO 3D-2 adds DynamicBlack™ to an already impressive list of features found in the NERO 3D1.
This additional feature improves black level performance and contrast ratio (up to 30,000:1), making shadow detail and picture dynamics look even more realistic. The NERO 3D-2 sets new standards for single-chip DLP® projection, with PureMovie and PureMotion user modes optimized for 2D and 3D viewing*.
New Live Colors Calibration 2.0 Software
To aid calibration, the LUMIS 3D-S, Cinema, and NERO projectors – as well as the MICO 150 model - feature the new SIM2’s advanced Live Colors Calibration 2.0 software that enables professional calibration of all projection parameters such as complete adjustment of the primary, secondary and white point color coordinates. This PC-based software gives calibration experts unprecedented control over the projector image quality. The image can be further optimized by using one of the four sets of gamma curves available. These can be used to correct for variations in the source material, differing levels of ambient lighting or simply to allow for individual viewing preferences.
LCC2 New Features:
- 2 memories per 2D/3D mode – Total of four
- Target gamut and white point information
- Color probe feedback from X-rite Hubble
- Automatic colors adjustments with feedback from color probe X-rite Hubble
- Auto-Adj. Coordinate x,y
- Auto-Adj. Gains
- Projector status alignment
- Native projector colors measure and update
- Available commands to pre-adjusting projector image (bright., contrast and gamma)
- 2 user gamma customization for 2D/3D mode
- More powerful color management panels
SIM2’s PureMovie & PureMotion
SIM2’s engineers have designed the 3D active system models with three user modes, each optimized for the various demands of movie, sports and 3D viewing:
- PureMovie (2D): allows a pure presentation of the signal coming from your source: all but the most basic circuitry is bypassed in order to ensure a more “film-like” viewing experience. SIM2’s PureMovie allows the delivery of the widest contrast ratio and deepest black level performance from the projector.
- PureMotion (2D): has been specifically designed for fast-motion video material, resulting in smooth motion, free from the ‘smear’ or ‘judder’ that can affect the image. The PureMotion mode is particularly suited to fast-action sports viewing, where the ability to easily follow the action, regardless of its intensity, is paramount.
- PureMotion 3D: is SIM2’s implemententation of the next level in reality reproduction: 3D video visualization. PureMotion includes the state-of-the-art of 3D technologies in order to ensure 3D viewing free of flickering, ghosting and motion “shudder” suffered by most 3D displays.
(*) A SIM2 3D emitter and glasses pack is required to initiate this feature (sold separately).
- 1-chip Full HD (1080p) DLP®-based home theater projector
- Patented ALPHAPATH™ compact Die-Cast light engine with precision glass optics
- SIM2 active 3D technology
- Maximum Brightness of 2.000 ANSI Lumens
- PureMovie and PureMotion technology
- Comprehensive choice of inputs, including HDMI 1.4 with DeepColor
- SIM2 DynamicBlack Technology Enhanced Solution
- Motorized IRIS Control (MIC)
- Light engine
- DLP Technology: 1 Chip DMDs 0,95” 1080p
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- ANSI Brightness: 2.000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: >10.000:1 (Full ON/Full OFF)
- Lens: High quality, high resolution improved optics for higher contrast and better black level with motorized zoom and focus adj.
- Special technologies: PureMotion 2D for fast action materials, PureMovie 2D, Motorized IRIS control (MIC)
- Lamp: 280W Lamp dimmable to 230W
- Horiz. & Vert. scan freq.: 15-80kHz/48-120Hz
- PC graphic standards: VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WUXGA 10 bit Full Channel Signal Board Video Processing
- SDTV: PAL (B,G,H,I,M,N,60); SECAM; NTSC autom. selected
- HDTV: 480p, 720p 50/60, 1080i 50/60, 1080p 24/50/60 + 576p
- Throw Ratio: 1.37-1.66:1 (typ. T1), 1.75-2.48:1 (type T2), 2.6-3.9:1 (typ. T3)
- manual up half picture (+50%) and Digital keystone adjustment (for 2D and 3D 1080p24 modes)
- Screen Size: 50" - 300"
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3, 16:9 Anamorphic, LetterBox, Panoramic, Pixel to Pixel + 3 custom-user adjustments
- Digital: 2 x HDMI-HDCP vers. 1.4a
- Analog: 1 x Graphic RGBVH (VGA-UXGA) (D-sub 15 pin), 1 x Component - Analog YPbPr/RGBs/RGBHV (RCA), 1 x Composite Video
- Control: 1 x RS232, 1 x USB, 3D Sync out
- Miscellaneous: 3 x 12v 100mA output (via Jack)
- General specifications
- Power Consumption: Typical 270W
- Weight: approx. 11 kg (24,3 lbs)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 458 x 210 x 455 mm (18”x8.3”x17.9”)